Flow-Flow WP: Installation and Requirements
Flow-Flow builds stunning social media wall for WordPress sites. This premium plugin works great with all popular social networks and is suitable for any WordPress theme.
- Unzip plugin archive.
- Place the flow-flow folder into the …/wp-content/plugins/ directory of your site.
Or you can do the second part in a more handy way via the WordPress Admin panel:
- On the Plugins panel press the Add New button.
- Press Upload tab.
- Browse for the flowflow.zip file, select it, press Open.
- Click Install Now.
Troubleshooting: No valid plugins were found. Plugin install failed.
Note: If you have Flow-Flow Lite installed, please deactivate it before installing the Pro version.
FlowFlow.php generates grid HTML and injects JS (like main JS
/js folder and CSS from
/css folder on your site page. Also, it’s responsible for plugin options and settings storage.
Plugin main PHP class is defined in
FlowFlow.php. It provides standard WordPress plugin routines like settings and appearance presentation in admin and settings storage in WordPress database and also includes other .php files and injects .js, .css for browser pages. Nothing really to customize here, only in case of new functionality added.
Front-end scripting and third-party plugins are located in the main JS file public.js.
Design: CSS and images
We use multiple CSS files in this plugin: for admin and public. The first one
admin.css is for plugin styles in WordPress admin like settings page. The second file
public.css contains all of the specific stylings for the Flow-Flow on your site pages. Rest are third-party plugin’s CSS for admin e.g. color picker.
Feel free to edit any of this CSS. Please double-check if editing more than just font or background color.
Please refer to individual articles from the left sidebar menu for various guidance.
- Chrome >= 20
- Mozilla Firefox >= 15
- Internet Explorer >= 9
- Safari >= 5
- Opera >= 15
- Safari Mobile for iOS
- Chrome for Android / iOS
- Firefox for Android
- Starting from v1.4 plugin requires PHP 5.6 and above on your server with mysqli extension for MySQL (InnoDB). Installation
- You need to have jQuery version 1.7+ on your WP server.
- Some network API requires a secure connection to send data so your server should have an SSL certificate installed. In most cases, SSL is provided by hosting. But we suggest consulting your hosting about your server security before purchasing. If you don’t have SSL check this article to consider free and low-cost options. Next networks require secure connection: Twitter, Facebook, G+, Instagram.
- The grid engine is pretty resource heavy and using the latest technologies so some devices e.g. low-end or old models can struggle to display the grid. Especially when being combined with other heavy scripts on the page.
- The more streams you have the more powerful server you need. The average server can handle 10 streams with 10 feeds in each no problem.
Follow the First Steps guide to set up your first social stream.
To get support please visit our Help Center. Our Help Center is the only official Social Stream Apps support handling mechanism. Questions sent using other channels may be ignored without notice. Check out our Support Policy.