Flow-Flow WP: Installation and Requirements
Flow-Flow builds stunning social media walls for WordPress sites. This premium plugin works great with all popular social networks and is suitable for any WordPress theme.
- Unzip the plugin archive.
- Place the flow-flow folder into the …/wp-content/plugins/ directory of your site.
Or you can do the second part more handily via the WordPress Admin panel:
- On the Plugins panel, press the Add New button.
- Press the Upload tab.
- Browse for the flowflow.zip file, select it, and press Open.
- Click Install Now.
Troubleshooting: No valid plugins were found. The plugin install failed.
Just so you know, if you have Flow-Flow Lite installed, please deactivate it before installing the Pro version.
FlowFlow.php generates grid HTML and injects JS (like main JS
/js the folder and CSS from
/css the folder on your site page. Also, it's responsible for plugin options and settings storage.
The plugin's main PHP class is defined in
FlowFlow.php. It provides standard WordPress plugin routines like settings and appearance presentation in admin and settings stored in the WordPress database. It also includes other .php files and injects .js and .css for browser pages. There's nothing to customize here, just in case new functionality is added.
Front-end scripting and third-party plugins are located in the main JS file public.js.
Design: CSS and images
We use multiple CSS files in this plugin: for admin and public. The first one
admin.css is for plugin styles in WordPress admin, like the settings page. The second file
public.css contains all of the specific stylings for the Flow-Flow on your site pages. Rest are third-party plugin CSS for admin, e.g., color picker.
Feel free to edit any of these CSS. Please double-check if the editing is more than just font or background color.
Please look at the individual articles from the left sidebar menu for guidance.
- Chrome >= 20
- Mozilla Firefox >= 15
- Internet Explorer >= 9
- Safari >= 5
- Opera >= 15
- Safari Mobile for iOS
- Chrome for Android / iOS
- Firefox for Android
- PHP 7.x and above on your server with mysqli extension for MySQL (InnoDB). Installation
- Enabled CURL, GD, mbstring, allow_url_fopen.
- PHP upload_max_filesize = 64M.
- jQuery version 1.7+ (usually bundled with WordPress).
- Some network API requires a secure connection to send data, so your server should have an SSL certificate installed. In most cases, SSL is provided by hosting. But we suggest consulting your hosting about your server security before purchasing. If you don't have SSL, check this article to consider free and low-cost options. The following networks require secure connection: Twitter, Facebook, G+, and Instagram.
- The grid engine is pretty heavy and uses the latest technologies, so some devices, e.g., low-end or old models, can struggle to display the grid. Especially when being combined with other heavy scripts on the page.
- The more streams you have, the more powerful the server you need. The average server can handle ten streams with ten feeds each with no problem.
Follow the First Steps guide to set up your first social stream.
To get support, please visit our Help Center. Our Help Center is the only official Social Stream Apps support handling mechanism. Questions sent using other channels may be ignored without notice. Check out our Support Policy.