Authenticate with Linkedin
In order to show LinkedIn feed on stream, you have to generate
Client ID and
Client Secret and put them on Social Streams App settings page. You have to be admin of the LinkedIn page you want to stream. That’s Linkedin requirement.
This is a unified guide for all Social Stream Apps including Flow-Flow for WordPress and Shopify, Grace Instagram Gallery and all upcoming streaming apps. Here and below by any mention of Plugin or Social Stream App mean one of the apps or plugins listed above.
Register new LinkedIn App
- Head over to https://www.linkedin.com/developers/apps and log in, if necessary.
- Click on Create Application.
- Enter all required fields. You can use dummy info but it will be more useful to enter some understandable values.
- Hit Submit.
Client Secretfrom AUTH tab on next page and paste to plugin’s admin page under Auth tab on plugin admin page.
- Open Auth tab on LinkedIn page again, scroll down, open OAuth 2.0 settings section and enter your site URL to Redirect URLs field:
- Hit Update to save this info.
Getting Access Token
- Using your LinkedIn app details replace placeholders for next URL:
APP_REDIRECT_URIcan be your site URL.
- After you sign in in Linkedin and click Apply you will be redirected to page you specified as APP_REDIRECT_URI, in its URL you will see parameter
?code=SOME_CODE. Copy and save this code. Please notice that URL also has
&state=DONT_CHANGE_THIS, ignore this part when copying code.
- Now replace placeholders in this URL and visit it in a browser
- Finally, copy Access code from the page (valid for 60 days) and paste it in Flow-Flow auth settings.