Authenticate with Linkedin
To show LinkedIn feed on stream, you have to generate
Client ID and
Client Secret And put them on Social Streams App settings page. You have to be admin of the LinkedIn page you want to stream. That’s a Linkedin requirement.
Linkedin along with many other providers retired bunch of their old API, and we are in the process of updating. Unfortunately last year there were more updates that we can handle promptly. We apologize but we can't give you estimates for when Linkedin will be available again. The new method requires additional coding to be implemented and we are not yet sure we will get access to new API, because it's based on the review process. Currently, our app review is in progress. Please wait for news.
This is a unified guide for all Social Stream Apps, including Flow-Flow for WordPress and Shopify, Grace Instagram Gallery, and all upcoming streaming apps. Here and below by any mention of Plugin or Social Stream App means one of the apps or plugins listed above.
Register a new LinkedIn App
- Head over to https://www.linkedin.com/developers/apps and log in, if necessary.
- Click on Create Application.
- Enter all required fields. You can use dummy info, but it will be more useful to enter some typical values.
- Hit Submit.
Client Secretfrom AUTH tab on next page and paste to plugin’s admin page under Auth tab on the plugin admin page.
- Open Auth tab on the LinkedIn page again, scroll down, open OAuth 2.0 settings section and enter your site URL to Redirect URLs field:
- Hit Update to save this info.
Getting Access Token
- Using your LinkedIn app details replace placeholders for next URL:
APP_REDIRECT_URIshould be your site URL from OAuth 2.0 settings (with slash / at the end).
- After you sign in in Linkedin and click Apply you will be redirected to page you specified as APP_REDIRECT_URI, in its URL you will see parameter
?code=SOME_CODE. Copy and save this code. Please notice that URL also has
&state=DONT_CHANGE_THIS, ignore this part when copying the code.
- Now replace placeholders in this URL and visit it in a browser:
- Finally, copy Access code from the page (valid for 60 days) and paste it in Flow-Flow auth settings.