Authenticate with Twitter
In order to run Twitter feeds on your site you have to create a Twitter application. It is necessary to generate Twitter API Keys, Access Token and secret keys.
This is a unified guide for all Social Stream Apps including Flow-Flow for WordPress and Shopify, Grace Instagram Gallery and all upcoming streaming apps. Here and below by any mention of Plugin or Social Stream App mean one of the apps or plugins listed above.
Create a Twitter Application
- Go to https://developer.twitter.com/ and log in, if necessary.
- Open your account menu and click on Apps item.
- Click the Create an app button and fill an App details form. Enter any App name e.g. “Social Streams”, Application description and your website URL. You can leave the callback URL empty.
Also, please fill the field Tell us how this app will be used and describe your plans for using tweets you'll get from Twitter API.
- Submit the form by clicking the Create button.
Hint: You can view your Twitter applications or create new one anytime on Twitter Application Management.
Get your auth keys
- On your newly created Twitter application page go to the tab Keys and Tokens.
- Under the Consumer API keys find and copy your
API secret key. Then click Create button and get Access token & access token secret values.
- Open your Social Streams App/Plugin Auth settings page in admin panel. And paste all this info in corresponding fields.