Authenticate with Instagram
In order to display Instagram feeds you have to generate an Instagram Access Token and put it on Plugin settings page.
- Method 1. Authorize via our app
- Method 2. Use or generate own token manually
- Method 3. Use plugins to get tokens
This is unified guide for all Social Stream Apps including Flow-Flow for WordPress and Shopify, Grace Instagram Gallery and all upcoming streaming apps. Here and below by any mention of Plugin or Social Stream App mean one of the apps or plugins listed above.
Method 1. Authorize via our app
- On plugin’s admin under Auth tab in Instagram section find Authorize button.
- Click this button and authorize our app.
- You will be redirected to admin where you will see newly created token.
Method 2. Use or generate own token manually
You can still insert your own token if you already have one. Or create your client through Instagram Developer website. According to recent changes on Instagram API everyone has to send their App for review that is much pain. And in our experience you won’t get approve from Instagram staff.
Anyways you can still use your Instagram client in Sandbox mode in order to catch 20 the most recent posts from your personal Instagram account only.
Method 3. Use Instagram plugin to get tokens
Download Grace Lite from WP.org and generate token that allows to stream public content. You only need to press one button on the Auth tab!