First Steps with Flow-Flow for Shopify
Suppose you've already installed Flow-Flow App and inserted generated stream code as described in Installation article. Let’s navigate to the Flow-Flow Admin Panel and setup our first Stream.
Authenticate your site with social networks
Some social networks require auth keys for (sic!) your website before you can pull any content from there. At the time of this writing, authentication part is necessary for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+. If you want to stream content from any of these networks you need to setup it accordingly to specific network terms. These settings must be stored under Auth tab. We strongly recommend beginning with this step.
Further reading: Setup Social Networks
Creating your first Stream
- Open Flow-Flow settings page and click Feeds tab.
- Click Create Feed button and add 1 or more feeds for your future stream.
- Choose social network and setup feed accordingly to simple rules described with visible hints. Don’t ignore them because it’s the part of common mistakes.
- Go to Streams tab and click Create Stream button.
- Name your stream.
- Using +Connect feed to stream button associate 1 or more previously added feeds with your stream.
From this point, your settings are done if you don’t really need any further customization. Go through all other tabs to design, style and setup your stream. You can save it, then go back to the list and that’s it. Now you see the list with newly created Stream.
Inserting Stream on page
If you haven't inserted stream on a page yet, please check Installation guide.