Authenticate with Linkedin
In order to show LinkedIn feed on stream, you have to generate
Client ID and
Client Secret and put them on Social Streams App settings page. You have to be admin of the LinkedIn page you want to stream. That’s Linkedin requirement.
This is unified guide for all Social Stream Apps including Flow-Flow for WordPress, Flow-Flow PHP Script, Social Stacks for WordPress and all upcoming streaming apps. Here and below by any mention of Plugin or Social Stream App mean one of the apps or plugins listed above.
Register new LinkedIn App
- Head over to https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer?newapp and log in, if necessary.
- Click on Create Application.
- Enter all required fields. You can use dummy info except
Website URL. Enter URL of website where you want to use plugin.
- Hit Submit.
Client Secretfrom next page and paste to plugin’s admin page under Auth tab.
Getting Access Token
- Head over to API console.
- Choose OAuth2 in Authentication drop-down.
- You will be redirected to sign in screen. Sign in with Linkedin.
- Now choose the first method in the list of API methods. If the list is not visible click grey area on the right edge of a screen.
- Click Send button on the right.
- Now you see URL in Request section.
- Copy token from URL above starting after = and ending before &format=json (don’t include & in token).
- Paste token in Social Streams App/Plugin admin.