Authenticate with Facebook
In order to display Facebook feeds you have to get Facebook Access Token.
This is unified guide for all Social Stream Apps including Flow-Flow for WordPress, Flow-Flow PHP Script, Social Stacks for WordPress and all upcoming streaming apps. Here and below by any mention of Plugin or Social Stream App mean one of the apps or plugins listed above.
According to the table choose the proper method for your Social Streams App or Plugin.
|Social Streams App||Available methods|
|Flow-Flow PRO for WordPress||All methods|
|Flow-Flow Free WP.org edition||Method 2|
|Flow-Flow PHP Script||Method 2|
|Social Stacks for WordPress||Method 2|
Method 1. Authorize via our app
- Navigate to your Social Streams App settings page in admin panel.
- Head to Auth tab and find Facebook section.
- Click Authorize button to authorize with our Facebook app.
You will be redirected to settings where you will see newly created token.
Method 2. Use or generate own auth manually
Register new application
- Head over to https://developers.facebook.com and log in, if necessary.
- Register as developer. Otherwise you can not add your application and get tokens.
- Choose on the navigation bar My Apps > Add a New App.
- Type in any name of your App, your email, choose any Category and click Create New Facebook App ID.
- Copy App ID. We will need it soon.
App IDon Auth settings page in admin panel. Do not lose this ID, we still need it.
Get App Secret
- Go to Settings-Basic in dashboard on the left side.
- Simply click Show in the field
App Secretand confirm your Facebook password.
- Copy revealed key and paste it on your Plugin’s Auth settings page in admin panel.
For streaming public pages please go to Access Token Tool, find you newly created app and click need to grant permissions link in User token row. That’s it, copy User token and paste in Flow-Flow admin.